Effective November 29, 2016
Scroll down for full Statement. Immediately below is a Summary of the information we collect and the ways in which we use and/or disclose it. View the full policy.
Summary of Privacy Statement
- Our website is directed to general audiences over 18 years of age and who are capable of entering into binding obligations. Read more
- We collect personal information you provide to us. By personal information we mean information that is identifiable to you or to a particular device, such as name, address, email address, and telephone number. Read more
- We may collect information automatically such as log-in details. Read more
- We may also collect geolocation information that you choose to share with us. Such information is “personal information” if identifiable to you or a particular device. Read more
- We generally use your personal information to notify you of special offers, to provide information to you, and to improve our services. Read more
- We may disclose information to third parties, such as our subsidiaries and affiliates, service providers, social media accounts, when under legal compulsion, if Porcini undergoes a reorganization or sale, or as otherwise allowed by law. Read more
- We attempt to implement reasonable security procedures to protect your information, and we try to contract with vendors who do the same. Read more
- We may link to third party sites. Read more
- We keep your personal information for as long as we believe we need it, and for as long as the law allows us to keep it. Read more
- You can access and make changes to your personal information under certain circumstances. Read more
- Certain rights specifically applicable to California residents. Read more
- How we notify you of changes to the Privacy Statement. Read more
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more
Which means You are over the legal age of majority where you live, and you will only use the Site for personal purposes. We may change the products available on the Site at any time. You agree to pay for purchases you make on the Site, including any taxes that are due.
Full Privacy Statement
What is “personal information” and what personal information do we collect?
By “personal information,” we mean information that is reasonably identifiable to you or to a particular device or that allows you or it to be so identified.
Personal Information We may Collect. Personal information that we collect includes information that you provide voluntarily. Personal information requested might include, for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number or, where identifiable to you, other information such as your zip code. NOTE: we do not collect sensitive credit card information on the Site. We outsource processing of credit card transactions to vendors we understand to be compliant with appropriate Payment Card Industry standards for security. We may also collect certain information about your transaction and purchase history as a result of your using the Site and taking advantage of the offerings, contests and other promotions on our site, which may have special terms. Before entering a contest or other promotion on the Site, please review all applicable terms and conditions.
Automatic or Navigational Information. When you visit the Site, we may capture certain information automatically (even if you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information, or in addition to personal information that you do provide). This information may include your Internet protocol address, location-based information, browser type, time and date of access and pages accessed, linking information, click stream, page visits, page views, and website log files. If such navigational information becomes reasonably identifiable to you or is reasonably identifiable to a particular device, it will be deemed personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to match non-personal navigational information with other information that we have collected from you. If that other information renders such navigational information reasonably identifiable to you or a particular device, then by definition it will become personal information. Navigational information that is deemed personal information under this paragraph will be treated as such pursuant to this Privacy Statement.
Geolocation Information. If you access the Site either on the Internet or using a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, you may be offered the option of allowing Porcini to access geolocation information. If you elect to allow Porcini to access geolocation information, to the extent that such geolocation information is reasonably identifiable to you or to a particular device, it will be deemed personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement.
Other Information You Voluntarily Provide: You may choose to contact us and the information you disclose may constitute personal information.
Suggestions and Ideas. Any suggestions or similar communications relating to Porcini’s business or the Site how they might be changed, enhanced or improved are not treated as private or confidential under this Privacy Statement. We will, however, at all times use reasonable efforts to de-identify you personally with the suggestion.
Which means We collect personal information you provide to us, along with information about how you use the Site. If information becomes reasonably identifiable to you or a particular device, we will consider it personal information and treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We do not collect information from children under age 13.
How does Porcini use personal information?
We generally use personal information collected on the Site for the following purposes:
- to advise you of opportunities and promotions available on our site or elsewhere
- to respond to requests for services
- to provide information about the proper use or misuse of the Site
- to process technical or administrative issues or to communicate regarding those issues
- to improve, expand, or otherwise adjust our services.
- See also circumstances under which we may share or transfer personal information, discussed below.
Which means We use personal information to provide you with services and information about the Site.
How does Porcini treat “Do Not Track” requests from a user?
Users may have the option of enabling “Do Not Track” in their browser, which sends a signal to websites that the user does not want to be tracked across multiple websites. Porcini does not track users across multiple websites, regardless of whether users have enabled “Do Not Track.”
Does Porcini use personal information for advertising purposes?
Under what circumstances does Porcini disclose or transfer personal information to others?
There are circumstances where we will transfer and/or disclose to third parties personal information. Those circumstances, subject to the limits of applicable law, are as follows:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: Porcini may transfer personal information to its patent, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates for purposes related to Porcini service offerings as such offerings may change and develop over time.
- The Site Consultants and Service Providers: Porcini transfers personal information to third party service providers that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of Porcini or otherwise acting on its behalf as a datacenter (such as providers of hosting, cloud, technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, Porcini may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service Porcini and the Site.
- Legal Compulsion and Porcini’s Protection: Porcini reserves the right to release personal information in response to a subpoena or otherwise when we believe that the law requires us to do so or when we believe it is necessary to resolve disputes or to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of Porcini, our users or others.
- Reorganization or Sale of Porcini: In the event that Porcini is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Porcini is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets, or a brand or line of its business, the information you provide may be one of the transferred assets for use by the acquiring entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law: We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
Which means We may transfer information to related companies, our vendors and service providers, to the purchasing company if we are sold or go bankrupt, or where the law requires or permits us to transfer it.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
Although we cannot guarantee impenetrability of our or our vendors’ servers, we attempt to establish and implement reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and where we use outside vendors for purposes of collecting, storing or processing data, we attempt to contract with vendors who likewise establish and implement reasonable procedures. In the event that our, or where applicable, our vendor’s security system, is breached, we will attempt to notify you in accordance with applicable law.
Which means We try to take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee that your information will be secure, but if we have a breach, we will follow applicable law to notify you.
Does Porcini link to third party sites?
Data retention: How long do you keep my personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we deem it useful in our business and for as long as the applicable law allows us to maintain it. We note that our goal is to establish a relationship with our customers so that they always regard us as a resource for the services we offer. We also note that our customers always have the right to request that their information be deleted from our files. We will attempt to honor these requests, subject to applicable law and our judgment that the information is not important for us to maintain for our internal record-keeping purposes for reasons other than continuing a commercial business relationship with you (e.g., for tax, accounting and other transactional purposes).
Which means We keep your information for as long as we need it. You can ask us to delete your information, and we will do so if the law allows us to and we do not need the information for internal record-keeping purposes.
How can I access and make changes to my personal information?
Which means Let us know if you need to make changes to your personal information.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Privacy Officer: email@example.com
How will I be notified of changes and updates to the Privacy Statement?
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat your personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have specified in your Porcini account, by placing a prominent notice on the Site, or by notifying you at the time of your next transaction. All changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on the Site in a revised Privacy Statement.
Which means We will post changes to this Privacy Statement on the website and notify you through email or on the Site.
Who do I contact about my rights under this Privacy Statement?
If you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or Porcini’s privacy practices at the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org